Aikido Training with Bill Gleason Sensei


The day has been filled with the company of my teacher and friend Bill Gleason Sensei. I met him and began to practice Aikido with him in 1987, and have been inspired and challenged ever since. This morning we played some guitar together and I was able to share with him some of the distinctions that I've recently found for understanding the instrument, and then we practiced Aiki together in the yard with the blue sky and green forest all around us. Evening class at the dojo was great, sensei allowed me to video the class so I will be able to reference things after he has gone back to boston. After a nice dinner with the Aikidoka, we came home and I sat with the 2nd life sangha Kannonji. Sitting with them every night from midnight to 12:30am has been a nice kind of practice well suited to my insominiac ways...

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Haiku For You?

An Impromptu on One of the Buddhas Five Rememberances