Some of the Weeks Activity:

Of late, I have been making an effort to document some of the music making that I'm involved in, and below is the first of what I expect will be a series of classical guitar selections chosen from among the somewhat easier side of the literature that my undergrad guitar majors work through.

The pic of me in Zen drag is from when I was leading a 'Dharma Conversation' as we call them at the Buddhist Temple of Toledo last wednesday evening.  We found ourselves squarely in the midst of a case from the Book of Serenity having to deal with approval, sincerity and the frank reality of not quite getting it.

And I always speak from direct experience...

Following the pic are three clips from the Jazz gig from last monday night. As it happenend, Gunnar our Tenor Sax player was recording in New York city and Tad our Pianist was performing with the Portland Orchestra that evening, and so we had a default guitar trio.  I recorded the complete version of All Blues, while the other two are snippets of my improvisations on other standards that evening - 'Giant Steps' and 'All the Things you Are.'












Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Haiku For You?

An Impromptu on One of the Buddhas Five Rememberances