Dharma activities for the day!

Today I had a great phone conversation with my primary teacher James Ford Roshi. We talked about many things that are on the Zen map - recent soto zen buddhist association documents, the possibility of a trip our here by James to lead a sesshin in the summer and make the precepts available, getting the Toledo Zen Center established as a temple, how we fit into the Boundless Way organization and other such things. Later on in the evening I gave a presentation to a goo number of students at UT on the Dharma for their world religion class, and finally this evening I sat a period of zazen with the 2nd life sangha that has been so supportive of the Drinking Gourd podcasts.

In other news, we got a family piano delivered and it's great. Craigs piano shop is the only piano store in the area, support them if you are in the market. I taught several Jazz improv lessons at the U and an aikido class at the dojo, though we are in test prep mode so mostly I just facilitated things.

In the cracks, I've been in touch with my daughter via instant messages which are loads of fun for us, and I seem to have composed something of a new tune. When new music asks to be found, its best to dig in as best you can.

We'll see what tomorrow brings!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Haiku For You?

An Impromptu on One of the Buddhas Five Rememberances