Everything That Arises

Had a very helpful conversation with my teacher James Ford Roshi this morning. Luckily we are able to be in touch, and it is a great help to me as Rev. Do-on and I navigate the business of leading the growing organization that is the Toledo Zen Center. Every thing that arises is a teaching, each a chance to bring the practice to life, not in some kind of idealized other-worldly kinda way, but in the grit and grime of "What are we gonna do with this?" Others who resonate are interested in exploring alignments and asking for support, complex and important policies need to be discerned, and then there are always the personalities, oh yes.

In all of this, one thing is abundantly clear - but some things shouldn't be spoken now, should they...


And then there is the body.

I successfully completed the fasting yesterday, and to my astonishment I survived. In fact, it's near noon of day 2 and I'm not hungry at all, even after I did a rather intense morning workout with the solo Internal Power/Aiki exercises that Bill Gleason Sensei was sharing last weekend. I also weighed in at an astonishing 203lbs - a good 10 lbs short of my normal. Doesn't seem possible to me, but there it is. We'll see how the day goes, but I know the ideal Sensei talked about was a 3 day so we'll see.

Comments

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Haiku For You?

An Impromptu on One of the Buddhas Five Rememberances