Fast Zen!

This is a pic of my "Avatar" at the kannonji temple in 2nd life. I gave a talk last night and tried to outline some of what zen practice is and how it functions. How I see it, and how it has helped my at any rate... Then the great experiment of holding private interviews in this format, and so far so good. The folks who connected with me were sincere and true, and that is the main case whenever connections with the Dharma are at hand.

I also connected with some folks around the general Zen landscape - how different sects and schools are dealing with the passing of time, an interesting mix for sure.

Today I'm going to fast - as in not eat. My Aikido sensei Bill Gleason went on and on with me about the value, and really I need to loose more than just a few pounds so here we go... the hope is to take one day a week and just not eat. Give the system time to recover and clear out. Tea is ok, for now anyhow.

Guess I'll have some Tea then...

Comments

  1. I've been eager to find out how the 2ndLife medium is working. Fascinating! If anything would actually prompt me to start an account, perhaps it is this.

    As for the fast - I hope it proves helpful to you. I tend to do a 2 day fast around the changes of the seasons, just as a check-in to realign the physical and mental. Its been a source of deep learning for me.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've been enjoying the 2nd life experience, but I'm really just there when I'm sitting zazen. I get my avatar character in there to sit and head for the zafu here at the farm. I find that there is a sense of togetherness in this medium and I'm happy to be a part of it.

    The fast has been fine, barely noticed it really. These last hours of the watch are the hardest for me though!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

An Impromptu on One of the Buddhas Five Rememberances

Haiku For You?

A Short Meditation on Pets and Reincarnation